Aspen Creek Senior Living is a brand new, state-of-the-art, 92-bed Assisted Living Community currently under construction in Anchorage with a grand opening planned for this summer. We are looking for motivated and self-driven individuals to join our team to provide assistance to residents with their activities of daily living, enabling them to lead a quality life while maintaining their independence and dignity. This position provides an opportunity to create meaningful relationships with residents and their families as you provide daily assistance, attend to individual care needs and get to know their unique preferences and personalities.
Utilize a synergistic approach to bring individuals, families, the community, caregivers, and technology together to improve lives and connect generations; to be a catalyst in the paradigm shift regarding aging and our seniors’ continuing contributions to society.
Job Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Respond to resident’s needs promptly while maintaining each resident’s self-respect, dignity, personal safety and confidentiality.
• Provide for the resident’s physical care including lifting, bathing, performing hygiene tasks, toileting, assisting with meals and other tasks.
• Assist with transferring residents in and out of bed, bath, wheelchair, lifts and ambulation.
• Assist residents at mealtimes, providing assistance with serving meals, cleaning tables after each meal, and delivering room trays, as directed.
• Responsible for a designated group of residents during the shift, know where the residents are located and regularly physically check on them throughout the shift.
• Implement and support the resident’s care plan.
• Facilitate and/or participate in resident group activities and resident care conferences.
• Engage residents in meaningful conversations and activities related to their individual interests.
• Assist with resident room, bathroom, and common area cleanliness, overall Community, and other housekeeping duties as needed.
• Provide emotional and social support to residents.
• Document daily log of assistance provided.
• Inform supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
• Respect and encourage the independence and dignity of the resident.
• Familiarity with emergency equipment and procedures.
• Attend all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
• Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures.
• Communicate any observed or suspected resident change of condition to a supervisor.
• Compliance to all State and federal requirements including but not limited to blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control, standard precautions and fire safety.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Possess effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and handle multiple priorities.
• Exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude while demonstrating true concern for people.
• Demonstrates an appreciation for the heritage, values and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process.
• Comfortable with the use of technology.
• Willingness to learn and adapt.
• Ability to work flexible hours.