Aspen Creek Senior Living is a brand new, state-of-the-art, 92-bed Assisted Living Community currently under construction in Anchorage with a grand opening planned for this summer. We are looking for motivated and self-driven individuals to join our team to provide and maintain a clean and sanitary environment in an effort to provide residents with a homelike quality of life while maintaining their independence and dignity.
Utilize a synergistic approach to bring individuals, families, the community, caregivers, and technology together to improve lives and connect generations; to be a catalyst in the paradigm shift regarding aging and our seniors’ continuing contributions to society.
Job Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Understand functions of various housekeeping and laundry equipment and use them appropriately.
• Clean all assigned areas including but not limited to resident rooms, bathrooms, common areas, hallways, nursing stations, dining room, shower rooms, public bathrooms, hand rails, flooring, glass windows, doors, and offices as assigned.
• Perform isolation cleaning in accordance with established infection control procedures.
• Maintain adequate daily supplies in closets and cleaning carts and notify supervisor of supply needs.
• Collect, sort, wash and dry laundry in accordance with prescribed procedures, fold and distribute clean laundry to the resident closets and/or dresser drawers.
• Ensure that an adequate house supply of linen is always available for resident use if needed.
• Maintain work areas in a clean, safe, sanitary and orderly manner.
• Keep carts and equipment in good working condition, report equipment malfunctions and breakdowns, and properly store all materials at the end of each work shift.
• Follow proper techniques in the use of chemicals and potentially hazardous materials in the workplace and ensure that established infection control and universal precaution practices are maintained when performing laundry and housekeeping procedures.
• Tag residents’ clothing and personal items as necessary and report any missing property complaints.
• Engage residents in meaningful conversation and provide emotional support to residents.
• Document daily log of chores completed.
• Attend all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
• Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
• Compliance to all State and federal requirements including, but not limited to, blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control, standard precautions and fire safety.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people.
• Demonstrate an appreciate for the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process.
• Ability to stand and walk intermittently throughout the working day, as well as reach, stoop, bend, lift, carry and manipulate various items. Ability to withstand exposure to temperature and humidity changes.
• Ability to use and be exposed to cleaning chemicals.