Aspen Creek Senior Living is a brand new, state-of-the-art, 92-bed Assisted Living Community currently under construction in Anchorage with a grand opening planned for this summer. We are looking for a motivated and self-driven individual to join our team to assist in providing an Alaska fine dining experience for our residents. The line cook will be responsible to manage the daily preparation of food items for a station or specific area in the kitchen, cooking, and plating all food orders in an efficient, healthy and attractive manner. Additional facility information can be found at http://www.aspencreekalaska.com.
Utilize a synergistic approach to bring individuals, families, the community, caregivers, and technology together to improve lives and connect generations; to be a catalyst in the paradigm shift regarding aging and our seniors’ continuing contributions to society.
Job Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Respond to each residents’ needs promptly while maintaining each resident’s self-respect, dignity, personal safety and confidentiality.
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
• Practice proper food preparation, kitchen safety techniques, proper operation and maintenance of appliances.
• Responsible for regularly scheduled cleaning of the kitchen, properly disposing of food and maintaining sanitary kitchen requirements.
• Present food using proper plate presentation techniques and as directed.
• Coordinate completion of menu items with server.
• Prepare work checklist and organize work stations for each shift.
• Check and maintain coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity and quality of food.
• Work in a team-oriented environment and under demanding conditions.
• Help train or offer direction to apprentice.
• Prepare stocks, soups, cold soups, sauces, bisques or mayonnaise for serving.
• Prepare and cook meat, poultry, fish and seafood.
• Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
• Assist in dishwashing and cleanup as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and handle multiple priorities.
• Exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude.
• Ability to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions and to monitor or assess performance of yourself to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying.